top of page
  • Writer's pictureLee Meadows

Insurance Information for DUI

Updated: Feb 8, 2023

Ask Lee Meadows, Tallahassee Attorney and Lawyer, How Being Convicted Of DUI Affect’s Your Automobile Insurance!

What do I do if I am convicted of a DUI?

You must contact your insurance company prior to your driver license being reinstated. Once you advise your insurance provider of your DUI conviction, your premiums may go up. Discuss with your insurance company the SR-22 and FR-44 forms.

What is the difference between a SR-22 and FR-44 form?

In Florida, you are required to file an FR-44 if you’re convicted of DUI, whereas the filing of an SR-22 is required for other offenses like reckless driving or causing an accident without insurance.

FR-44 Insurance Coverage mandates that any person convicted of DUI in the state of Florida is required to obtain a minimum level of insurance coverage before reinstating their driver license and that the coverage must be maintained for three years after the date of conviction. The current insurance minimum amount is $100,000.

Disclaimer: The content of this page is NOT a substitution for legal advice.

See Florida Statute Section 324.023.

Have You Been Convicted of DUI? Talk with Tallahassee Attorney and Lawyer Lee Meadows! Call (850) 244-8873 or Email!


176 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

DUIs on Your Permanent Record

In Florida Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is a serious criminal offense that impacts not just the immediate safety of individuals and communities, but also bears long-term consequences for those co


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page